Maria Giusto Cline - NEYHA President
Maria lives in Coventry, CT and grew up in Costa Mesa, CA and then Vernon, CT. She went to Johnson & Wales University and ended up working at a technology company. She's a mom of 2 boys, works at Optum Data Management owns her own skincare company. She's been married to her husband, Steve, 21 years this October (they were 10). Here children are 7 and 9 in the Mites and Squirts program. They have been skating since about 4 years old with the Northeast Huskies.
She believes in the Northeast Huskies Mission:
NEYHA's mission is to provide a well-organized and -supervised youth ice hockey program, which offers opportunities to participate to children of all levels of skill and proficiency, regardless of race, creed or color, utilizing many of the following ideals:
1. To provide participants with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge of ice hockey through organized competition.
2. To teach sportsmanship and the importance of teamwork and team camaraderie.
3. To promote the development of individual character and team pride through hard work, personal accomplishment, and achievement.
4. To foster teamwork, good sportsmanship, exemplary individual conduct, and fair play among all participants, coaches, and spectators.
5. To provide a positive, fun hockey experience for all children by letting families have a voice in the Association.
6. To provide an opportunity for children to play either competitive or recreational hockey based upon their desire and that of their families.
7. To compete at a high level and learn the value of what it means to be on a team: it's a life skill.