We are a non-profit youth hockey association offering programs for children ages 3-18 years old. Programs include travel teams from the Mite through Midget level, and a TYKES (Teaching Young Kids the Essentials of Skating) program. The Ice Dogs skate at Mark Edward Freitas Ice Forum, the home of the UCONN Huskies.
If you have a future hockey star in your family and want to learn more about our program, please click on TYKES (Teaching Young Kids the Essentials of Skating) or contact us. No prior skating experience is necessary for TYKES.
The beginning of the 2015-2016 Ice Dog Hockey season is almost here! We are ordering two new pairs of hockey socks for each Ice Dog travel team skater (one home pair and one away pair) free of charge. We just need to know what size socks to order for each Ice Dog skater!
Please click here to be brought directly to the Hockey Socks Order form to enter your Ice Dog's information. If you have more than one skater, please complete the form for each skater. More information, including a sizing chart and an image of the socks, is available on the form.
We would like to place the order with enough time to get the socks in before the season starts so the deadline for entering your Ice Dog skater's size information is September 4, 2015.
If you have any questions or difficulties with the form, please contact
, the Webmaster, at your earliest convenience.
To get the team prepared for the 2015-16 EOTW HS hockey season and another run to the CIAC State Final, there will be a Bucks fall team starting in September and running through mid-November.
This is a great way to get the kids in shape and ready to go for their HS hockey season.
The following are the details of the program:
- Practice will be on weeknights (Tue/Thr 7:45pm) and games on weekends and some Friday nights. Team will be head coached by Mark Schoen. - Practices/Clinics will be run by Uconn Hockey Coaches, Bucks coaches will be involved.
- Jersey and socks will be provided for games.
- Cost $650 per player full time, $300 for a practice/alternate players (practices/clinics only)
- 2015-16 USA Hockey Registration required.
- All home games and practices will be at UConn
1. Email whether you will be playing as a Full Time ($650), or Alternate/Practice Player ($300) to John at jbrancati@sbcglobal or Mark at by August 15, 2015.
2. 2015-16 USA Hockey Registration Details: All players must be registered for the 2015-16 season with USA Hockey and send email confirmation and number to John or Mark
Go to: https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action
3. Payment of $650.00 or $300.00 Check made out EO Smith Hockey
4. Send Payment by August 24, 2015 to secure you position to either:
John Brancati 42 Pepperwood Dr Tolland,CT.06084
Mark Schoen 19 Pepperwood Dr Tolland, CT. 06084
Any question with regards to registration, payment, etc. please ask.
Just a quick reminder that the 21st year of the Eastern Lightning summer and fall hockey clinics begins next week! This year's summer skills clinic will take place at the Freitas Ice Forum over 6 weekly sessions beginning on May 19 and the 6-session fall conditioning clinic will take place (also at Freitas) over the span of 3 weeks beginning on August 25. The price for each clinic is $125.
Learn more about the Eastern Lightning clinics here!